The wider Dunmore area has lots of great walking and many points of interest.
Do be aware that Dunmore village is, first and foremost, residential and villagers welcome visitors who:
- follow signage and way markers
- keep dogs on leads
- respect residents’ privacy
- cycle on pathways, avoiding village green space
There are no public toilets in the village, in nearby Airth, at the Pineapple, or on the main walking routes. Dunmore does not have any shops or businesses, but you will find the Day-to-Day in Airth, which is a half hour walk from the village.
Points of interest
- Old School house (private house)
- Historical information board – stop here to find out more about Dunmore’s past
- Lillian’s garden – named in memory of Lillian Watson, Village Association former Chair
- Play park with swings, roundabout and slide
- Village Well – cast iron pump with a lion spout
- Former smithy (private house)
- Bowling Club
- Bridge over the inlet offering views towards the Forth
There is visitor parking at the Pineapple and limited on street parking in Dunmore Village.
The F16 bus, operated by McGills, visits Dunmore hourly Monday to Saturday. There is no service on a Sunday.